Over twelve years of experience in Human Resource Management, working for a variety of organizations to include financial institutions; a mechanical contractor and software companies.
During her career she has independently created two Human Resources departments. This included an assessment and later development of policies and procedures for the complete employee life cycle from recruitment to termination as well as internal company policies, procedures and practices. She has served as mediator during employee conflicts; performed internal investigations; counseled employees and managers.
She has extensive knowledge in employee relations and conflict resolution throughout her tenure. She has outlined and advised on the correction of behavior and conduct that is prohibited and not to be tolerated in the workplace, such as theft; workplace violence; falsification of documents; insubordination; failure to observe work schedules; and unlawful harassment or discrimination. She has developed and trained managers on the use of Performance Improvement Plans (PIP) to mitigate risk to the company and display of respect for the employees. She has worked in organizations comprised of employees with various skill levels. Each posing their own unique personnel challenges.
- Bachelors of Science, Human Resource Management, University of Maryland, 1998.
- Facility Security Officer (FSO)
- Human Resources and The Law
- Managing Projects and Priorities
- OSHA Compliance and Workplace Safety
- Payroll Law
Courses and Webinars Attended
- Corporate Branding and Recruitment
- Energize and Engage
- Keeping Up with Recordkeeping Requirements
- Keys to Effective Employee Orientation
- Managers Behaving Badly Identify Theft
- The Business Grammar Crash Course
- RTI Group, LLC, Annapolis, MD, Human Resource Consultant, 2013 to present
- Bay Bridge Decision Technologies, Inc., Annapolis, MD, Human Resources and Recruiting Manager, August 2011 to August 2012. Align the goals and objectives of the Human Resource Department with the strategic directions of the organization. Identify new and updated legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Work with management to identify departmental staffing needs, place ads, conduct phone and in-person interviews with candidates and on-board new hires. Conduct labor market and industry compensation research and work with management to analyze wage and salary data. Maintain employee files. Administer benefits programs; manage annual open enrollment; act as a liaison between internal personnel and insurance broker. Administer Performance Management Program. Act as an advocate for the employees and a business partner to the organization. Process semi-monthly payroll. Administer the immigration process.
- ProObject, Inc., Hanover, MD, Human Resource Generalist, December 2009 to August 2011. Administer employee benefits plans. Created and executed new employee on-boarding process. Conducted employee exit process. Conducted employee self-assessment program. Developed Affirmative Action Program. Prepared materials for Executive Meetings.
- Welch and Rushe, Inc., Upper Marlboro, MD, Manager of Human Resources, October 2007 to March 2009.
- The Washington Savings Bank, Bowie, MD, February 2001 to October 2007.
- Top Secret – Obtained Oct 2008