An Embraer Brake System Expert, as well as a Principal Systems Engineer experienced in many aspects of the Aerospace Industry. He has strong technical background on systems integration, requirements management and customer relationship. Good with planning and coordination, and is able to lead multi-disciplinary teams. He is very pro-active, able to work under pressure, and highly skilled in problem solving and troubleshooting, i.e., aircraft systems development; certification and post-sale support; ARP4754 specialist; vendor, supplier and client relationship management; government/authority relationship management (EASA, FAA, ANAC); incident and accident investigation; and new airplane entry into service.
- Fundação Armando Álvares Penteado (FAAP) – São Paulo, Brazil. MBA in Advanced Business Administration. 2004 – 2007
- Faculdade de Engenharia Industrial – São Paulo, Brazil. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. 1996 –2000
- RTI Ltd., United Kingdom and Maryland, USA. Embraer Brake System Expert Consultant. 2014 – present
- Esterline Control Systems – Mason. Principal Systems Engineer. 2011 – present. Responsible to coordinate all Systems Engineering activities.Responsible for implementing ARP4754A compliance, developing processes and training. Technical Liaison between Embraer and Esterline engineering teams. Technical Lead and responsible for Systems Engineering activities on Embraer KC-390 and Embraer E2 programs. Development of Flight Control Systems (Flap Slat Control Lever, Speedbrake Lever, Rudder Pedal Assembly, Control Column and Control Wheel), Propulsion System (Active Throttle Control Quadrant) and Landing Gear System (Autobrake Selector Switch, Landing Gear Control Lever and Nose Wheel Steering Tiller). Deeply involved on Embraer proposals, key player during E2 Flight Controls and Throttle Control Quadrant contracts award. During the bidding process, was responsible for the technical proposal, participate on Bidding Meetings with the customer providing technical support and worked a great relationship with Embraer team that gave Esterline advantage over the other competitors.
- Crane Aerospace & Electronics – Hydro Aire. 2006 – 2011 Systems Engineering Manager, 2010 – 2011. Responsible to coordinate all Systems Engineering Team activities. Responsible to develop and improve Systems Engineering Processes and Plans according to latest aerospace industry standards. Responsible to develop and provide Systems Engineering training. Responsible for Resource Planning, Scheduling and Budget. Supported the development of technical proposals for new business opportunities. B-787 BCMS Systems Engineer Lead 2008 – 2010 Responsible to coordinate all Systems Engineering Team activities on Boeing 787 program including Resource Planning, Scheduling and Budget monitoring. Significantly improved communication and relationship with customer on the Systems Engineering Level. Improved overall Systems Team performance by motivating and increasing individuals technical capabilities. Improved Systems Requirement management and documentation release process on the Boeing 787 BCMS Program. Improved process to control Systems Problem Reports on the Boeing 787 BCMS Program. Developed a solid Systems process to improve management of Customer Changes. Systems Engineer 2006 – 2008 . Defined System Architecture and Requirements for Brake Control Systems. Focal point for Systems, Hardware and Software Integration, responsible for validating system requirements, maintaining hardware and software updates during development, integration, flight test and certification. Tested and troubleshoot system hardware and Software in Crane Aerospace Systems Integration Lab. Provided support for Customer Support team on filed issues and incident investigation. Ensured that Crane Aerospace Customers in Brazil (specifically Embraer) were getting satisfactory engineering support for Crane Aerospace Landing and Brake Control Systems. Served as engineering liaison between Crane Aerospace engineers in USA and Embraer engineers in Brazil.
- Embraer – Empresa Brasileira De Aeronáutica S.A., Mechanical Systems Product Development Engineer and Support. 2002 – 2006. Worked as engineer on EMBRAER 170/190 programs working with Landing Gear and Hydraulic Systems. Specialized in Brake systems (Brake Control Systems, Brake-by-wire, Brake temperature indication system), Landing Gear (Landing Gear indication, command and sequencing, Air/Ground indication system, Nose wheel steering system) and Hydraulics (Hydraulic System command, control and monitoring). Supported Embraer 170/190 and ERJ-145 family fleet around the world, including field support and the Embraer production line. Performed troubleshooting and provides technical stand-by assistance (AOG). Provided technical interface between the Mechanical System Engineering and Avionics/Electrical Engineering. Acted as main technical contact for airlines, business partners and suppliers (Liebherr, Parker Hydraulics, Crane Aerospace). Obtained certification of product improvement changes and new systems with FAA, EASA and CTA. Issued and reviewed several certification reports, including System Description, System Safety Assessment, Flight Test Proposal and Results, Technical Specifications. Designed, supervised and approved several modifications to improve system reliability. Issued several Service Bulletins with these modifications. Mentored other engineers.
- Ericsson Telecomunicações S.A., 1999 – 2002 – Telecommunications Engineer 2001 – 2002 Worked in technical projects on Landline Network Switches, Intelligent Networks, ADSL and data communications. Dimensioned equipment needs for several clients. Developed commercial and technical tools. Elaborated commercial proposals. Provided post-sales client support.
- Courses at EMBRAER – Embraer 170/190 – Avionic, Electrical, Flight Control and Hydraulic Systems; Safety Assessment; Aircraft Operations; Mechanical Systems
- Portuguese (Native),
- English (Fluent),
- Spanish (basic knowledge)