An Environmental Engineer specializing in a diversity of environmental disciplines including water, wastewater, and stormwater design, permitting, and regulatory compliance, groundwater remediation, air pollution control, solid and hazardous waste management, spill prevention and response, industrial hygiene, and safety management, with an emphasis on environmental, health, and safety regulatory compliance in the Aviation and Aerospace industry.
• University of Central Florida, Bachelor of Science, Environmental Engineering, and Engineering Leadership Minor, 2010
• Brevard Community College, Associate of Arts, 2002
• RTI Group, LLC, Annapolis, MD, Environmental Engineer, 2016 - present.
• Private airplane company, Environmental, Health, & Safety Engineer, March 2014 – present.
Drive continuous improvement of environmental, health, and safety programs in a 750,000 SF manufacturing facility. Track and report safety performance metrics (i.e., MIR, DART, number of injuries/near misses) to executive leadership team. In first year, reduced medical incident rate by 31% and number of injuries by 63%. Prepare and conduct all environmental, health, and safety training and lead accident investigation committee. Ensure compliance with all applicable environmental laws, regulations, and permits including RCRA, CERCLA, SARA, EPCRA, NPDES, Clean Air Act, and Clean Water Act. Conduct routine environmental compliance inspections (RCRA, industrial pretreatment inspections, SPCC, SWPPP, Toxic Organic Management). Conduct monthly sampling for City of Vero Beach (COVB) wastewater permit compliance. Conduct quarterly sampling, interpret results, and prepare required reports for EPA Superfund NPL Site Compliance. Lead continued remediation efforts for EPA Superfund NPL Site. Maintain SPCC and SWPPP Program. Prepare and submit FDEP FESOP Air Permit applications. Prepare annual Air Operating Reports for FDEP FESOP Air Permit and submit COVB Wastewater Permit applications. Conduct industrial hygiene sampling (noise, Cr6, mold, asbestos), interpret results and implement engineering controls to reduce or eliminate exposure hazards. Lead hexavalent chromium elimination efforts. Review new processes and equipment for potential impact to environmental operating permits. Responsible for all hazardous waste manifests and hazardous waste shipments. Prepare and submit annual EPCRA Section 302, 311, 312, and 313 reporting. Prepare hazardous waste biennial reports. Prepare Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) and Form R Reports for EPA. Respond to accidental discharges/releases to stormwater or wastewater. Maintain HAZWOPER certification for spill response. Prepare and update Emergency Response Plan and RCRA Contingency Plan. Acted as Incident Commander during hurricane contingency operations.
• MBV Engineering, Environmental Engineering Project Manager, August 2010 to March 2014. Florida Department of Environmental Health (FDEP) and domestic/industrial water, wastewater, and air permitting. St. Johns Water Management District (SJRWMD) Environmental Resource and NPDES permitting. Department of Health septic system permitting. Non-compliance resolution with EPA, FDEP, St. Johns Water Management District, and various local agencies. Prepare and submit required reports to local, state, and federal agencies. Data analysis and reporting of historical sampling results to determine compliance with permits and regulations. Water and wastewater treatment plant design, improvements and rehabilitation, plant optimization, plant inspections and asset evaluations. Facility safety inspections. Pressure and storage tank inspections. Lift station design, sanitary and force main line extensions. Author Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), SPCC Plans, SWPPP Plans, facility operation & maintenance manuals, preventative maintenance manuals, and air annual operating reports. Preparation of Capital Improvement Plans. Paving, grading, drainage, and site plan design. Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling (ICPR and FDOT pipe sizing calculations). Stormwater system inspection, preparation of stormwater evaluation reports with recommendations.
• City of Cocoa Utilities Department, Engineering Intern, 2009 to 2010. Performed inspections and prepared inspection reports for City assets such as lift stations, potable & wastewater treatment plants, etc. Assisted project managers on active construction jobs for 6,500 lineal feet of 8” water main replacement on Florida State Road A1A. Reviewed and approved pay requests. Conducted research on potable water and wastewater distribution systems for a city asset assessment. Researched lift stations, pump size and manufacturers, created detailed maintenance manual to be used for utility operations and during emergency events
• Siemens Energy, Environmental Systems & Services, Engineering Intern, 2008 to 2009. Supported the Environmental Systems and Services department with design and application of air pollution control components for coal-powered power plants. Assisted the marketing group and product managers with proposal development, research of EPA Clean Air Act emission requirements, identifying target customers, and successful completion of 3,000-mailer marketing campaign.
• Dynamac Corporation (Kennedy Space Center Life Science Lab), Engineering Technologist, Multiple Temporary Positions 2002 to 2008. Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting, and maintaining appropriate environmental conditions in hydroponic chambers. Conducted Field and Lab Sampling - Water quality sampling, gas/air sampling, and microbial sampling (IC, ICP, GC/MS, Optical Microscopy).
Registrations and Licenses
• State of Florida, Professional Engineer, Environmental (PE-80462)
• American Heart Association, First Aid, CPR, AED
• HAZWOPER 40-Hour Certification
• OSHA 10-Hour Certification #20-701368480