Expert witness in telecommunications for a number of major companies, including AT&T, Verizon, BellSouth, MCI, Covad Communications, Chubb Insurance, Audubon Insurance and other clients involving telecommunications arbitration and litigation, including extensive experience in xDSL technologies for Internet access, unbundling and leasing of local loop facilities, fiber optic cable and copper cable damage claims, equipment damage claims, patent infringement law suits, class action law suits against major regional telephone companies, and cost estimation efforts to assist in due diligence efforts for other consulting companies. Corporate experience included setting major corporate strategy, imaginative and innovative problem solving, in-depth analysis, large scale project management involving engineering, physical construction and Information Services systems development. Expert in fiber optics and electronics. Extensive leadership and technical telecommunications background, especially in outside plant Right of Way acquistion, outside plant design, construction, maintenance, xDSL systems, project implementation, cost estimating, network modeling theory, procurement, and logistics. Experienced lecturer and producer of material for presentations to customers and senior management, and in writing strategic position papers.
- Penn State Graduate School of Business, University Park, Pennsylvania Executive Development Program, 1988.
- Purdue University Graduate School of Business, West Lafayette, Indiana MBA, Marketing & Finance, 1970 – 1971.
- United States Military Academy, West Point, New York BS, Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, 1962 – 1966.
Telecommunications Specialist, RTI Group, LLC, Annapolis, MD, 2010 – Present.
Private telecommunication company, New York, President, 1996 – Present.
NYNEX (currently part of Verizon), New York City, New York, General Manager, Plug-In Management, 1994 – 1996.
NYNEX, New York City, New York, Managing Director, Engineering & Construction Methods & Systems, 1991 to 1994.
NYNEX, Albany, New York Director of Operations, Engineering & Construction, Northeastern Region, New York, 1989 – 1991.
NYNEX, Albany, New York Director, Customer Services Staff, Upstate New York, 1989.
NYNEX, New York City, New York Director of Operations, Engineering & Facilities Assignment Centers, Midtown Manhattan, 1987 – 1989.
New York Telephone Company, New York City, New York, Staff Manager, Corporate Staff, Outside Plant Engineering Methods, 1982 – 1985.
New York Telephone Company, Garden City, New York, Staff Manager, Long Island Area Staff, 1980 – 1982.
New York Telephone Company, Garden City, New York, Engineering Manager, Nassau County 1974 – 1980.
New York Telephone Company, Long Island, New York, Field Manager, Cable Maintenance and Construction, Nassau & Suffolk Counties, 1972 – 1974.
United States Army Signal Corps, Germany; Vietnam; Fayetteville, North Carolina, Captain, 1966 – 1970.
Professional Associations and Activities
- New York City Technical College, 1987 – 1993. Brooklyn, New York Adjunct Professor of Telecommunications, Chairman of the Transmission Laboratory, Member of the Telecommunications Executive Committee, Member of the Board.
- Shenendehowa School Board, 1991. Clifton Park, New York Served on the Technology Planning Committee for the local school board.
- AM/FM International, 1993 – 1994. Boulder, Colorado Member of Executive Management Board, representing the telecommunications industry for the world’s largest organization of digitized mapping and facilities management professionals.
- Member of Various Other Organizations. MENSA High IQ Society, IEEE, Amateur Radio Emergency Services group.
- American Legion, 2001 – Present. Garden City, New York Commander – William Bradford Turner Post No. 265.