Passenger Loading Bridge Expert
He has been serving the aviation industry for over 35 years, has been recognized by two manufactures of passenger loading bridges in the United States, JBT Jetway, and ThyssenKrupp Aviation Services, as a qualified technician with a high level of accomplishment. His background history has always included electrical, mechanical, and structural service in which he excels. He has directed and trained many technicians in all aspects of passenger loading bridge and baggage conveyor services.
In recent years, was challenged to develop an OSHA compliant fall protection system for rooftops of passenger loading bridges. He developed a system deemed to be the best solution in the industry by Mr. Jim Stanley of FDR Safety, representing American Airlines. His patent pending product has been installed on all passenger loading bridges owned by several airlines.
He has also responded to the aviation industry needs to develop a passenger loading bridge mounted baggage conveyor system in which gate checked bags are conveyed to and from bridge level to ground level, thus reducing on the job injuries to bag handling employees. The conveyor operates in both directions to eliminate the need for carrying bags up and down the loading bridge crew stairs thus reducing lifting and carrying type injuries.
• Consultant, RTI Group, LLC, Stevensville, MD – 2013 to present
• Consultant, Johnson & Lindberg, P.A. Minneapolis, MN—2013-2014
• Airport Bridge Company, Inc. – Hammond, LA 1996 to present
Servicing airlines and airport authorities with installations, relocations, repairs and ongoing maintenance programs for passenger loading bridges, aircraft pre-conditioned air units, aircraft ground power units, bridge baggage elevators and conveyors, aircraft potable water cabinets and terminal baggage conveyor systems.
• Project Manager/Supervisor, BridgeTech, Inc. – Brentwood, NY – 1985 to 1996
Supervised day to day operations of the passenger loading bridge division.
• President/Partner, OMNI Airport Maintenance, Inc. – Houston, TX – 1983 to 1985
• Southeastern Louisiana University – Industrial Technology Department, 2 Years
Licenses and Registrations
• Louisiana Specialty License: Airport Baggage Handling & Ground Support Systems, Landing/Lighting Systems, & Passenger Boarding Bridges, Lic. #37453
• Reciprocal License in the State of Florida
Professional Associations and Activities
• Attended any and all instructional training classes offered by the two bridge manufacturers, JBT Jetway and ThyssenKrupp Airport Systems—Certifications from both.
• Member AAAE – American Association of Airport Executives
• Conducted many Passenger Loading Bridge on Aircraft Damage investigations for several airlines and airport authorities.
• Consulted with FAA on several occasions regarding the above Aircraft Damage
• Consulted/Inspected many Passenger Loading Bridges for condition, safety and performance issues for several airlines and airport authorities. Made recommendations on future life expectancy, needed repairs, structural issues, performance alerts and update/bulletin compliance.
Lectures and Presentations
• Attend Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Expo
• Meetings and Lectures Annually
- Engineered and developed an OSHA compliant baggage handling system to be mounted on Passenger Loading Bridges.
- Boarding Bridge Mounted Gate Checked Baggage Conveyor, OSHA Compliant:
- Commute-A Walk Systems, Adjustable Ground Level Walkway utilized from Terminal Building to Aircraft Stairs/Doorway;