This expert has over twenty years of professional experience in auditing, accounting, fraud investigation, risk assessment, compliance, internal controls, ethics and consulting. Effective communicator with excellent organizational, project management and problem-solving skills. Gifted in collaborating and working with all levels of personnel, and independently completing difficult assignments.
This expert is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE). He has consulted on a diverse range of accounting, auditing, and consulting engagements on behalf of Fortune 500 Companies, Middle Market Companies, CPA Firms, State Receivers, SEC Corporate Monitors, and various Government Entities at the Federal, State, and Local Level. He is also experienced in forensic & investigative accounting.
This expert is a Forensic Accountant who conducts investigations of fraudulent, illegal, or improper activities that could cause losses to or claims against a company.
- Develops, reviews, and recommends improvements to policies and procedures to detect and prevent the occurrence of fraudulent, illegal, or improper activities for companies as well as briefs senior and executive management on investigative results.
- Lead investigations and consultative engagements for international NGO’s in Liberia, Papua New Guinea and Angola.
- Investigations included fictitious expense report, ghost-employee scams, fictitious books and records, construction company payment activity. He has coordinated investigations with USAID, World Bank and other funding agencies.
- Analyzes financial data and documents to identify discrepancies, review internal controls, policies and procedures;
- Preparation of corporate, (include Subchapter S), partnership, and individual income tax returns.
This expert is a forensic accountant with over 20 years of experience in fraud and ethics investigations, vendor compliance, internal audit and corporate accounting in the transportation, forest products, and manufacturing industries. She has led vendor compliance investigations involving allegations of billing irregularities, conflicts of interest, and theft. She has led corporate investigations involving allegations of employee misappropriation of assets, conflicts of interest, harassment, violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, fraudulent acts, and internal controls irregularities. She is the Ombudsman for the company Ethics and Code of Conduct hotline and responsible for case management and reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. She has worked closely with human resources, internal and outside counsel to coordinate workstreams, deliverables, and anticipated litigation support as well as managed and directed staff on projects.