- Cargo & Passenger Vessels
- Recreational Watercraft
- Ports, Terminals, and Harbors
- Construction Barges
- Bulk, Dry Cargo, Container, Tankers & RORO Vessels
- Equipment & Structural Failures
Marine losses are among the most varied from ship sinking to deck equipment failures. They often require a wide range of expertise available at RTI, from master mariners to marine engineers and naval architects.
Obtain the following if possible:
- Description of incident and extent of loss
- Shipwright, ABS classification, year of launch, and drawings of the vessel
- Hull or flag state registration number of the vessel.
- The current location of the vessel.
- Maintenance records, operations and maintenance manuals, when applicable.
- Ship’s deck and engineering logs.
- Complete photographic documentation if an engineer is called in after the wreckage is cleared.
- Statements from eyewitnesses.
- If applicable, the navigation charts of the area.
- If available, provide any official reports relevant to the vessel (e.g., U.S. Coast Guard, OSHA, etc.)