Senior Aviation Consultant with over thirty five years of experience in the field of Aviation Maintenance and Management. While at Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation, he managed 865 employees in new aircraft completions, product support and support groups. He served as site manager for US and foreign military program work and worked with State Senate and Assembly to develop aviation tax exemption law. As a member of the Leadership Continuous Improvement Council, he was responsible for cross site standardization and continuing the development of Lean processes with top corporate ranking in improvement. He collaborated with airport authority to develop and initiate site expansion plans. He has provided expert testimony in courts of law.
Earlier in his career he managed the maintenance and inspections for 135 operation with 14 aircraft. He supervised maintenance, maintenance sales, parts, inspections and line departments; and managed the maintenance for 8 aircraft owners. While at West Star Aviation he ran the Operations department completing maintenance and modification to turbine aircraft, including Cessna Conquests, and Citations, Learjets and Hawkers. He oversaw STC implementation and development for the company. He worked with both Honeywell Engines and Avionics divisions during this timeframe. He started his career at Duncan Aviation working first as an Airframe and Powerplant mechanic and then moving to Team Leader and manager positions. During this time he worked on multiple turbine and turboprop product lines, as well as accomplishing engine repair work for the engine shop.
- Doane College, Lincoln, Nebraska. Bachelor of Arts. Business with Management Emphasis, Summa cum Laude – 2000
- Iowa Western Community College, Council Bluffs, Iowa. Associate in Applied Science. Aircraft Maintenance – 1979.
- Leadership at the Peak, Center for Creative Leadership. Colorado Springs, Colorado. Executive Leadership Training – 2012.
- Motorola University, Motorola, Incorporated. Chicago, Illinois. Time Based Competitiveness, trained in team building and total quality management – 1993
RTI Group, LLC – Annapolis, MD. Senior Aviation Consultant – Maintenance and Operations. May 2014 to present.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation – Appleton, Wisconsin. Vice President/General Manager. November 2008 – March 2014.
- Managed 865 employees in new aircraft completions, Product Support and support groups. Grew site revenues 30% in 4 years and expanded custom engineering group to meet specialized company Final Phase growth. Site manager for US and foreign military program work and worked with State Senate and Assembly to develop aviation tax exemption law. A member of the Leadership Continuous Improvement Council, responsible for cross site standardization and continuing the development of Lean processes with top corporate ranking in improvement. Collaborated with Airport Authority to develop and initiated site expansion plan.
Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation – Appleton, Wisconsin. Director of Service. April 2007 – Nov 2008.
- Member of Management Effectiveness cross-site team. Created a reduction of Indirect Non-Salaried expenses by 43% in 2009. Also reduced receivables over 90 days less than 1% from 2008 and implemented SMS system as pilot group. Expanded the capacity of the paint shop by 30% in 6 months. Monitored the Lean processes in Product Support to provide estimated $350,000 savings in 2009.
Mayo Aviation – Englewood, Colorado. General Manager of Maintenance. April 2005 – April 2007.
- Managed the maintenance and inspections for 135 operation with 14 aircraft. Supervised maintenance, maintenance sales, parts, inspections and line departments. Managed the maintenance for 8 aircraft owners. Also expanded retail maintenance 300% and acted as the accountability manager.
West Star Aviation – Grand Junction, Colorado. Vice-President of Operations. May 1999 – April 2005.
- Created a 20% expansion per year of 7 production departments and a 3 to 5% increase in gross profit in five production areas in 2003. Oversaw profit and loss for 11 departments. Involved in overview of other departments P&L as Senior Manager. Development of Engineering and Quality Control Departments and assisted in planning with Marketing Team. Oversaw the construction on 3 bay paint hangar and 28,000 sq. ft maintenance hangar valued at $3,600,000. Guided Maintenance department to #8 rank in Pro Pilot Survey. He was also a Board of Directors Member and the project manager of the Lear 35 RVSM, a project valued at $1,000,000.
West Star Aviation – Grand Junction, Colorado. Director of Maintenance. February 1997 – May 1999.
- Managed airframe and engine service departments and handling companywide scheduling. Implemented Lear and Citation programs.
Duncan Aviation – Lincoln, Nebraska. Scheduling Coordinator (Final Position). April 1979 – February 1997.
- Developed and managed scheduling process for 8 departments. Implemented 25 percent reduction in project schedule. Jobs included Mechanic, Team Leader, Assistant Manager, and Resource Director.